Does it feel like you are standing outside Noah’s ark today, everyone’s paired up but you?
Is the red everywhere making you blue?
You’d rather not be having alone time on valentine?
Yes, Valentine’s not just for lovers, it’s a day to also show love to others but after all said and done, you still wish you had a significant other?
Feeling left out? Lonely? Frustrated?
Beloved, can I encourage you?
The bible says, “and after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace [Who imparts all blessing and favor], Who has called you to His [own] eternal glory in Christ Jesus, will Himself complete and make you what you ought to be, establish and ground you securely, and strengthen, and settle you.” – 1 Peter 5:10 AMPC
Now, I’m not saying you are suffering because you don’t have a sweetheart on Valentine’s day but I know it’s hard, it can be painful and it’s not always enjoyable.
So, here’s some encouragement drawn from the bible passage quoted above;
- The ‘suffering’ won’t last forever. You won’t always be alone on Valentine’s day. Just because it hasn’t happened yet, doesn’t mean it won’t happen.
- You want to trust and rest in God rather than being desperate because all blessings and favor, including the blessing of a spouse, comes from Him.
- Just because things are not going as you expected doesn’t mean God has abandoned you. He’s with you, working as you wait.
- God has plans to settle you, don’t let ‘suffering’ make you settle for less than God has planned for you. It may be hard but it’s best to wait on God.
A few more things (not from the bible passage quoted);
- However you choose to spend today, remember that you are loved. God loves you so much, it may sound cliché but He really does, like cwwwaaaaazzzieee!
- You are not less than, you are not left out or missing out (not if you are where God has you at this time).
- Don’t compare yourself with anyone else.
- It’s okay if you decide to lay off social media today.
- It’s better to be alone, being prepared for what you ought to have, than to have what you ought not, in order to not be alone.
- It’s not a bad idea to do something nice for someone today, it could bring you some cheer.
One more thing;
You know we love you here, right?
We do! ❤
Happy Valentine’s Day.