There’s a lot of assumptions about singles, A LOT.
Its like once someone gets to know that you are single, an alarm just goes off, saying oh, she’s single, she’s probably this or there’s probably that.
It’s in light of that, I’m sharing this.
Without further ado, being single doesn’t mean that we are;
- INCOMPLETE; Because we are complete in Christ, not in a man or with a man, single or married, as a child of God, I am, you are, complete in Christ (Colossians 2:10). Remember that time, when Adam was single, when God was going to give him a wife, He said “…It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.” (Genesis 2:18), you see? A help meet or an help meet, as the bible puts it, not, Oh Adam is not yet complete, I’ll make someone else and add to him, to complete him. Nah.
- MISERABLE; No sir. No ma. We are not les miserables. Singles are basically not walking around or sitting in a corner, saying “Woe is me! I have no husband.” Yes, sometimes its hard, just like every other stage of life can get, but most of the time, we are enjoying the abundant life that Jesus has promised everyone who comes to Him, e v e r y o n e. (John 10:10)
- MISSING OUT; Excuse me?! Missing out on being married, when Apostle Paul talks about having many troubles when you are married? No, I’m fine, thank you. Lol, but seriously though, as a single lady, right now, at this very moment, I believe I’m where God will have me be today and His grace is sufficient. I’m not missing out.
- WITHOUT A PURPOSE; So, one life event (marriage), determines my life’s purpose? You better not let Apostle (Paul) hear that.
- JUST WAITING FOR…; No. We are waiting on (God), there’s a difference.
Dear singles, be encouraged, love yourself, know your worth, live your life, don’t settle, and remember, “…the unmarried woman or girl is concerned and anxious about the matters of the Lord, how to be wholly separated and set apart in body and spirit” (1 Corinthians 7:34).
What other assumptions do you think people have about singles, feel free to sound off in the comments below. xo